Admission is free to the permanent collections (not to temporary exhibitions) of the national museums and monuments ‘Musées et monuments nationaux’, on presentation of proof of identity, for:
- under 18-year-olds (including temporary exhibitions);
- young people aged 18 to 25 who are citizens of one of the countries of the European Union;
- current French students and teachers;
- job seekers and people receiving the minimum unemployment allowance (on presentation of documentary evidence dated less than one year);
- disabled visitors and an accompanying person;
- for everyone on the first Sunday of every month (which causes long queues).
In municipal museums of the Ville de Paris, admission is free for everyone, (except to temporary exhibitions).
Yes, the Paris Museum Pass gives you free admission, with no queuing, to more than 60 museums and monuments (except temporary exhibitions) in Paris and the Paris region. The Pass can be purchased (for 2, 4 or 6 consecutive days for €48, €62 or €74) from the Paris Convention and Visitors Bureau, Paris Museum Pass on Parisinfo.com and at participating sites.