The village of the unshakable Gauls
For 30 years Parc Astérix, dedicated to the comic by René Goscinny and Albert Uderzo, has been enchanting visitors young and old.
Located around 40 km from Paris, this theme park invites the whole family to dive into the world of the courageous Asterix, sworn enemy of the Romans! His friends Obelix the menhir delivery man, his faithful dog Dogmatix, the druid Getafix, the beautiful Panacea and many other iconic characters from the comics can also be found here.
The highlight of the visit: a reconstruction of the village of the unwavering Gauls, with thatched huts, stalls and bungalows, not to mention its colourful inhabitants!
Thrilling attractions and rides for the whole clan
Parc Astérix and its 6 worlds let you travel back in time to Gaul, the Roman Empire, Ancient Greece, the land of the Vikings, Egypt and France from Medieval times to the 19th century. With no fewer than 42 attractions across the park, there is something for everyone!
Thrill seekers will love the rush of the La Galère pirate ship ride, the whizzing Flying Chairs, the hair-raising OzIris, the authentic bobsleigh experience Trace du Hourra, the dizzying rollercoaster Goudurix, the high-speed Trojan Horse and the gigantic rollercoaster Tonnerre de Zeus.
There are plenty of attractions to enjoy as a family. From the SOS Numérobis trains and the Pegasus Express to the magic of the Cauldrons, as well as the exciting boat ride Le Grand Splatch, the spectacular discus activity Discobélix and the many other rides such as the Hydre de Lerne, the Petits Drakkars and the Carrousel de César, kids and adults alike can have fun to their heart’s content.
Kids have their own attractions too: Aérodynamix, Enigmatix, Etamine, Hydrolix, Lavomatix, the Petits Chars Tamponneurs, and the Petit Chêne, Viking and Panoramix playground for stretching their legs.
Big shows and fun activities
A number of lively shows give you a chance to catch your breath between rides. There are plenty of different festivities to choose from: Gauls vs Romans: The Match throws you into a restyled arena where Romans and Gauls go head to head in physical challenges like Fisticuffs in the Courtyard, which immerses you in the adventures of a Roman soldier in the village of the steadfast Gauls. Finally, the water show Reverence shines a spotlight on dolphins and sealions.
The highlight of the day is sure to be meeting Asterix, Obelix and all their friends for a photo!
Festive activities complete the season’s programming: Fear at the Park from 5 October to 3 November 2019 celebrates Halloween, and Christmas at the Park from 21 December 2019 to 5 January 2020 offers an original end to the year.
New in 2019 for the 30th anniversary of Parc Astérix
The Parc Astérix is celebrating its 30th anniversary in 2019 and offering visitors a ton of festivities to enjoy!
- The new attraction Attention Menhir!, a film in 4D inspired by the comics in the Idéfix Studios, a brand new theatre with motion simulator seats.
- The Gallic parade where Asterix, Obelix, Getafix, Vitalstatistix, Panacea and many of the other villagers walk happily around the park.
- The meetup with new characters including Edifis, the Vikings, the Greeks, and even a patrol of Romans!
- The Gallic banquet that invites you to relish in a feast of Gallic dishes at the heart of the village all while enjoying the activity (until 18 August). Lunch or dinner available, paying ticket in addition to entry ticket: adult €12, child €18, booking required.
- Night openings until 10pm with the sound and light show ‘Le ciel vous tombe sur la tête’ (‘The sky is falling on your head’) (until 18 August).
- The new magic and illusion show Chronos
- The exhibition The Asterix Adventure that tells the story of this cult comic and the evolution of its friendly heroes.
The park is open until 5 January 2020
- every day until 1 September 2019
- every weekend in September 2019
- From 5 October to 3 November 2019
- From 21 December 2019 to 5 January 2020
- Adult (from 12 years old) : 51 €
- Child (3 to 11 years old) : 43 €
- Free for under 3