To avoid spreading the Covid-19 virus, it is recommended that a few basic, easy-to-apply protective measures be followed:
- maintain a social distance (avoid greeting people with a kiss or shaking hands)
- wash your hands frequently with soap or disinfect them with an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- cough or sneeze into a paper handkerchief and throw it away after use (then wash or disinfect your hands afterwards) or into the crook of your elbow if you don’t have a tissue.
People who have travelled in risk areas are asked to remain vigilant about any eventual symptoms. It is advisable to check your temperature 2 times a day. It is necessary to self-quarantine if you have been in contact with someone who is already infected by the virus.
On public transport
- To ensure safety for all passengers travelling on public transport, the RATP is disinfecting buses, tramways, and metro and RER trains twice a day, with special attention to touch point areas such as doors, grab handles and vertical poles, and staircase or escalator handrails.
- Bus, metro and tramway doors open automatically at every single stop so that users can avoid common touch points such as door handles.
- Free hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed at stations and stops to help users to keep their hands germ-free.
- Users can limit contact and reduce waiting time in queues by using the RATP mobile app to buy or top up tickets or travel cards.
- To protect themselves and others, users are required to wear face masks when travelling on the entire bus, metro, tramway and RER network, take hygiene precautions, and pay attention to all signage and markings for physical distancing.
If you have a fever or feel feverish, have a cough or breathing difficulties:
- do not immediately go to the doctor’s or to the emergency department at the hospital
- do not contact the SAMU on 15 (French emergency medical services) or 112.
- You can contact the information line of the ministry on 0800 130 000 (free call).
SNCF: Travellers wishing to postpone or cancel their journeys by Intercités or TGV due to the Coronavirus may ask for a reimbursement or postpone their journey before the departure of their train until 30 April 2020 without any additional charges.
More information : Cancelled or postponed events