Admission is free to the permanent collections (not to temporary exhibitions) of the national museums and monuments ‘Musées et monuments nationaux’, on presentation of proof of identity, for:
- under 18-year-olds (including temporary exhibitions);
- young people aged 18 to 25 who are citizens of one of the countries of the European Union;
- current French students and teachers;
- job seekers and people receiving the minimum unemployment allowance (on presentation of documentary evidence dated less than one year);
- disabled visitors and an accompanying person;
- for everyone on the first Sunday of every month (which causes long queues).
In municipal museums of the Ville de Paris, admission is free for everyone, (except to temporary exhibitions).