Taxis : guidelines
The special equipment in a licensed taxi comprises:
- the illuminated “Taxi Parisien” sign on the roof of the taxi
- a display meter showing the cost of the journey
- a display at the rear of the vehicle and visible from the exterior which enables the monitoring of the daily duration of use of the vehicle
- a plate fixed to the front right-hand wing of the vehicle bearing the licence number
Attention! Anyone claiming to be a taxi driver who does not have a specially-equipped vehicle is illegal.
You can take a taxi :
- by hailing one in the street (it is free if the sign on the roof is lit up and green)
- at a taxi rank
- by calling one of the main taxi firms
Prices and information subject to change, fixed by a decree published in the Journal officiel of 28 December 2018, effective no later than 15 January 2019 and modified by decree n°2020-00163 published in the Journal officiel on February 19, 2020.
- Rate A (white light): rate per kilometre €1.09
Applicable within the city limits from 10am to 5pm except Sundays and public holidays. The city limits covers Paris as far as the boulevard périphérique (ring road) inclusive.
- Rate B (orange light or yellow light): rate per kilometre €1.38
Applicable within the city limits from 5pm to 10am (peak hours and at night) and on Sundays from 7am to midnight and on public holidays from 12 midnight to 12 midnight. Applicable in the suburban zone (Paris and the municipalities beyond the ring road + service to Orly and Roissy airports as well as that of the Villepinte exhibition center) from 7am to 7pm.
- Rate C (blue light): rate per kilometre €1.61
Applicable within the city limits from 12 midnight to 7am on Sunday, including Sundays that are public holidays. Applicable in the suburban zone from 7pm to 7am and on Sundays and public holidays. Applicable beyond the suburban zone at all times.
The minimum amount of a journey is set at €7.30. There is a pick-up charge regardless of the journey length. It varies according to the pick-up place but cannot exceed €4.10.
Furthermore, the maximum waiting charge per hour has been fixed at €36.73 (in the event of a client booking) or slow journey time.
Additional charges :
- for each adult passenger from the 5th onwards: €4
- no supplement can be requested from persons with disabilities for a wheelchair and/or the animals accompanying them.
- Booking charges may be added to the fare: €4 maximum for an immediate booking, €7 for an advance booking (these supplements replace the pick-up charge).
Flat-rate fares for journeys between Paris and Paris airports:
4 flat-rate fares have been introduced for journeys between Paris and Paris airports since 1 March 2016
- Paris ‘Rive Droite’ (‘Right Bank’)/CDG Roissy = €53
- Paris ‘Rive Gauche’ (Left Bank’)/CDG Roissy = €58
- Paris Rive Droite/Orly = €37
- Paris Rive gauche/Orly = €32
- ... and vice versa
Taxis G7 is the Europe's leading radio taxi hub and has a fleet of 8,000 affiliated taxis.
The Taximètre: Fare comparison and taxi booking hotline.
Vehicle hire with driver
Cars with a driver (VTC) created in 2009 are private companies whose vehicles do not have a taxi sign on the roof nor a metre inside and which can only accept passengers if a booking has been previously been made for them. Services are personalized and a fixed price is decided on in advance. A variety of vehicles are offered including cars, minivans and limousines.