Taxis and chauffeur-driven vehicles in Paris
18,000 taxis and different types of vehicles to hire in Paris
Taxis : guidelines
The special equipment in a licensed taxi comprises:
- the illuminated “Taxi Parisien” sign on the roof of the taxi
- a display meter showing the cost of the journey
- a notice on the rear left window with the regulations, fares and the registration number of the vehicle
- a plate fixed to the front right-hand wing of the vehicle bearing the licence number
Attention! Anyone claiming to be a taxi driver who does not have a specially-equipped vehicle is illegal.
You can take a taxi :
- by hailing one in the street (it is free if the sign on the roof is lit up and green)
- at a taxi rank
- by calling one of the main taxi firms
- by booking one online (but watch out for fraudulent websites on which the following information may be lacking: a legal notice, terms and conditions of sale, and a clear description of the service provider).
Note: Taxis must accept payment by credit card, whatever the price of the journey, and you can ask the taxi driver for an invoice.
All the answers to your questions about the taxis in Paris
The minimum amount of a journey is set at €7.30. There is a pick-up charge regardless of the journey length. It varies according to the pick-up place but cannot exceed €4.18.
The price per kilometre travelled is capped at €1.12.
Furthermore, the maximum waiting charge per hour has been fixed at €37.46 (in the event of a client booking) or slow journey time.
Additional charges :
- for each adult passenger from the 5th onwards: €4
- no supplement can be requested from persons with disabilities for a wheelchair and/or the animals accompanying them.
- Booking charges may be added to the fare: €4 maximum for an immediate booking, €7 for an advance booking (these supplements replace the pick-up charge).
Flat-rate fares for journeys between Paris and Paris airports:
4 flat-rate fares have been introduced for journeys between Paris and Paris airports since February 2022 :
- Paris ‘Rive Droite’ (‘Right Bank’)/CDG Roissy = €53
- Paris ‘Rive Gauche’ (Left Bank’)/CDG Roissy = €58
- Paris Rive Droite/Orly = €37
- Paris Rive gauche/Orly = €32
- ... and vice versa
Taxis G7 is the Europe's leading radio taxi hub and has a fleet of 8,000 affiliated taxis.
The Taximètre: Fare comparison and taxi booking hotline.
Vehicle hire with driver
Cars with a driver (VTC) created in 2009 are private companies whose vehicles do not have a taxi sign on the roof nor a metre inside and which can only accept passengers if a booking has been previously been made for them. Services are personalized and a fixed price is decided on in advance. A variety of vehicles are offered including cars, minivans and limousines.