The Jeu de Paume, in partnership with the exhibition space LE BAL, is devoting a new exhibition to the Italian artistic movement of the 1960s and early 1970s: arte povera. An avant-garde movement, arte povera advocates simplicity in the artistic approach to the image in response to the American Pop Art movement. Using photography, film and video, arte povera is multi-disciplinary.
The exhibition focuses on major figures of the movement as well as artists associated with this trend. There are four themes for this exhibition: experience, image, theatre (at the Jeu de Paume) and the body (at the exhibition space LE BAL). On view from 11 October 2022 to 29 January 2023.
The title of the exhibition celebrates the eponymous work of Giuseppe Penone, "Rovesciare i propri occhi" ('Reversing one's eyes').
Prices and times
Prices and times
Tuesday to Sunday 11am - 7pm. Tuesday until 9pm. Closed on Monday
From €7.50 to €12
Methods of payment
Jeu de Paume Paris
Voir la carte
Offer adapted to disabled visitors
- Adapted activities and visits
- Loan of wheelchairs
- Free admission for disabled visitors on presentation of proof
- Free admission for the accompanying person
- Priority admission
- Car access for disabled visitors via the Pont de Fer entrance (Seine side, towards the Louvre)
- The building has specific facilities: access ramp and lift
- 3.7% gradient on 1.85 m long ramp to enter the museum, narrow rest platform at the top of the ramp
- Disabled toilets are mixed
- 5 spaces for wheelchair users in the auditorium
- Parking possible in front of the building, visitors must inform the Jeu de Paume in advance
- Folding seats available for visitors
- Guide booklets are given to visitors
- Six sound amplifiers are available at the welcome desk for use in exhibitions with videos
- A magnetic induction loop in the auditorium can be tuned to hearing aids in the T position to amplify sound
- Filmed portraits, image presentations of the accessible exhibitions available online, are subtitled in French for the hard-of-hearing and can be viewed in the articles on each exhibition
- The majority of videos are subtitled in French when they are in another language
- For art conservation reasons, the maximum light level for the vintage photographs space is 50lux
- All staircases are adapted for people with visual impairments
- Magnifying glasses are available to visitors at the welcome desk
- Description cards have good colour contrast (black and white)
- The Jeu de Paume's education service develops activities in partnership with Medical and Educational Institutions and regularly welcomes visitors from day hospitals.
- The Jeu de Paume also welcomes specialist teachers (hospital staff in training) several times a year.