Le Palace | Exhibition

Bowie Odysée

A partir du 08 janvier 2021

8 rue du Faubourg Montmartre - 75009 Paris

Opéra - Grands Boulevards - 9e Arrondissement


Décédé en 2016, le chanteur David Bowie a laissé une trace indélébile sur la musique, la mode, la culture et bien plus. Véritable icône intergénérationnelle, il a su rassembler une communauté de fans indéfectibles pendant ses 50 ans de carrière. Ce sont justement ces derniers qui sont acteurs de cette exposition puisqu’elle rassemble plus de 1000 objets de collectionneurs, aussi rares et précieux que fantasques, dans le cadre mythique du Palace. Fermée pour raisons sanitaires actuellement, l’exposition doit normalement se tenir jusqu’au 28 mars.

Vinyle, CD, photos, objets collectors… Plongez dans tous les univers fascinants crées par l’artiste.

Methods of payment

  • CB/Visa
  • Eurocard/Mastercard

Le Palace

From 1978 to 1983, the Palace was a fashionable Parisian place where links between fashion, music, Parisian chic and underground culture came toghether.

The venue has an eventful history. According to sources, it opened its doors in 1912 as a 'limited company for music hall and cinema'. In 1946 it became a cinema and took back its name: The Palace. Between 1975 and 1978 it again became a theatre managed by Pierre Laville. The venue was then bought out by Fabrice Emaer who carried out lengthy works, reconstructing the initial decor from the 30s. This amounted to huge costs which threatened the future of the club. On 1 March 1978, Fabrice Emaer opened the venue with a show starring Grace Jones.

Very quickly the Palace became very fashionable and the most visited club in the capital. In 1980, Fabrice Emaer opened a private restaurant bar under the Palace.

Fabrice Emaer fell ill. The Palace deteriorated and closed for the first time in 1982. Struck down by kidney cancer, Fabrice Emaer died in 1983.

Fabrice Emaers ex-associates took over the Palace but over the years a lot of debt had accumulated.

In 1992, Régine herself 'Parisian queen of the night' tried to bring the site back to life, followed in 1994 by the couple, David and Cathy Guetta who tried to relaunch it after giving it a makeover and renaming it Kitkat.

The venue closed for good in 1996. In the years that followed, the closed down palace was occupied by squatters. In November 2006, Chantal and Francis Lemaire, co-owners of Radio contact and Bel RTL in Belgium and the Vardar brothers, Belgians of Albanian origin and owners of the Grand Comédie and Comédie République, bought the hall.

After a renovation, the Palace opened (with 970 seats) and from 2008 welcomed to the stage, the return of Valerie Lemercier.

Voir la carte

Le Palace

8 rue du Faubourg Montmartre
75009 Paris
Tel.. +33 (0) 1 40 22 60 00

  • Subway - Bonne Nouvelle, Grands Boulevards, Le Peletier
  • Bus - 20, 39, 74, 85

Offer adapted to disabled visitors

  • Physical Physical

Accessibility information

The entrance is at street level with a ramp.

There are adapted seats in the three categories (12 disabled seats and 26 seats for accompanying people)

The toilets are adapted and have easy access.

By type of event: Exhibition

Book your activity

see more offers