In 1985 Christo achieved notoriety after wrapping the Pont Neuf. The Bulgarian-born artist was planning to return to Paris 35 years later to wrap the Arc de Triomphe in 25,000 m² of recyclable silver fabric and 7,000 metres of rope! Due to the death of the artist in May 2020, it is hoped that the project will come to fruition in 2021. Meanwhile, this exhibition from 1 July to 19 October 2020 at the Centre Pompidou shows drawings, paintings, collages, photos and archival documents illustrating the first works of the couple formed by Christo and his wife Jeanne-Claude, and then the New York period.
Prices and times
Prices and times
From 11 am to 9 pm
Methods of payment
Voir la carte
Rue Beaubourg, côté Saint-Merri (jusqu'en mai 2021)
Subway - Rambuteau
RER - Châtelet - Les Halles
Bus - 21, 29, 38, 58, 69, 70, 72, 74, 75, 76, 85, 96
Offer adapted to disabled visitors
- Loan of wheelchairs
- Free admission for disabled visitors on presentation of proof
- Free admission for the accompanying person
Free entry for disabled visitors and their accompanying person, excluding the cinema and shows (reduced price applicable).
- Physical disability: entry via the corner of Rue Saint-Merri and Rue du Renard to avoid the access slope at the main entrance, all of the floors are accessible by elevator. Loan of wheelchairs available upon presentation of an identity card.
- Visual impairment: 'Ecouter voir' audio description tours
- Hearing impairment: magnetic loop option at the ticket office, cinema, tours in French Sign Language or for easy lip reading, audio guides with magnetic loop option.
- Mental disability: Workshops for group visits supervised by staff trained in neuro-pedagogy. Easy-to-read brochures available at reception.
Accessibility for the blind, partially-sighted, mentally disabled and mentally ill: + 33 (0)1 44 78 12 33 / email@example.com
Deaf or hard-of-hearing: SMS + 33 (0)6 17 48 45 50 / firstname.lastname@example.org
More details on accessibility
'Tourisme & Handicap' marked establishment
- 'Tourisme & Handicap' mark
- For hearing disability
- For mental disability
- For physical disability