Artiste prolifique qui s’est illustré en peinture, dessin et gravure, Albrecht Altdorfer est à l’honneur le temps d’une exposition organisée au musée du Louvre, du 1 octobre au 4 janvier 2021, en collaboration avec le musée de l’Albertina de Vienne. Auteur d’une œuvre méconnue et pourtant aussi riche que diverse, ce maître du 16e siècle proche des cercles humanistes, se distingue par son originalité et son inventivité.
Un parcours organisé chronologiquement dévoile plusieurs étapes de son œuvre depuis les commandes de l’empereur Maximilien jusqu’à ses travaux d’architecture.
Prices and times
Methods of payment
- Chèque Vacances
Musée du Louvre
Download the free 'My Visit to the Louvre' app and be your own guide!
Voir la carte
Musée du Louvre
Pyramide du Louvre
Subway - Palais Royal - Musée du Louvre
RER - Châtelet - Les Halles
Bus - 21, 27, 39, 68, 69, 72, 95
Offer adapted to disabled visitors
- Adapted activities and visits
- Loan of wheelchairs
- Free admission for disabled visitors on presentation of proof
- Free admission for the accompanying person
- Priority admission
- Adapted parking spaces in the 2 nearby car parks (accessible routes)
- map of accessible and adapted areas
- The entire museum and all its activities are accessible for wheelchair users
- The main hall has 14 wheelchair accessible spaces.
- Help desk available under the pyramid, where wheelchairs and canes can be loaned.
- For safety reasons and the comfort of visitors, the number of wheelchair users is limited to 8 per group.
- The Children’s Tactile Gallery is designed for the blind and the visually impaired, it allows all visitors to share the experience of tactile perception. Through touch, you will discover 18 moulds of historic works of art from the 19th century, giving insight into the different ways that childhood has been represented over the centuries.
- Specific communication tools have been developed for visually impaired users
- Descriptive and tactile guides (with thermographic reproductions), allowing visitors to discover the museum’s artworks.
- Tactile tours offer another view of sculpting. It also allows visitors to take part in arts and crafts workshops.
- The Louvre offers audio guides for hearing impaired visitors (in French and English). This offer will be expanded to include tours of all the museum’s permanent collections.
- Only the Islamic Arts section and the Tactile Gallery has been adapted.
- Transparent benches are arranged arounds the Islamic Arts room and may constitute a hazard.
- La Petite Galerie includes a guide trail, a specific tactile book, a downloadable audio-guided path and various material samples available during the visit.
- The museum offers tours in French sign language (LSF) by deaf tour guides.
- Visitors can follow tours using lip reading, cued speech or by setting their hearing aid to T
- The louvre offers visual guides in French sign language, the offer will be gradually expanded to include tours of all the museum’s permanent collections.
- Subtitling devices are available in the following sections: Islamic Art, Egyptian Antiquities, Spanish paintings, The roman empire, The Pavillon de l’Horlage, and La Petite Galerie.
- French sign language tours and tactile descriptions can be downloaded from the museum’s and La Petite Galerie’s website.
- Sign language spoken by museum staff.
- Magnetic hearing loops present in the main hall and at the till.
- Given the complexity of the building, it is recommended to take an information map (available in 13 languages) from the reception desk under the pyramid or to ask a staff member if you get lost.
- Signs around the Louvre will use images and text, but not directions.
- Tours and activities adapted to suit specific disabilities.
- Educational workshops are available for groups.
- Designated routes are available, three of which are intended for autistic people (downloadable from the museum’s website under the ‘visits and activities’ tab)
- Easy-to-read brochure for the museum and La Petite Galerie.
Contact for disabled visitors: Tel: +33 (0)1 40 20 59 90 - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More details on accessibility
'Tourisme & Handicap' marked establishment
- 'Tourisme & Handicap' mark
- For hearing disability
- For mental disability
- For physical disability