In the format of a race against the clock, La Verticale de la tour Eiffel® invites participants to scale the Eiffel Tower's steps up to the 3rd floor where they will find the finish line; that's 1,665 steps travelling 276 m up in the air!
The 130 competitors fighting for first place have been handpicked for the event. Coming from a range of sporting backgrounds (from trail-runners used to natural slopes, to specialists in tower running, to marathon runners and more), they will all tackle this unique Parisian trial in a bid to take home the prize.
This dizzying track will be run individually, with participants setting off one after another. The race is set to start at 8pm, and the final runner must reach the finish line by 10pm, with the awards ceremony set at 10.15pm.
La tour Eiffel
You can go up the Eiffel Tower by the stairs or by lift. On the completely refurbished 1st floor, there are shops; on the 2nd, treat yourself to a gastronomic meal at the famous Jules Verne restaurant (closed for works), 125 m above ground. Finally on the 3rd floor you are at cloud level and have an exceptional 360° view!
Viewpoint indicator on the 3rd floor of the Eiffel Tower.
- online on www.tour-eiffel.fr
- by telephone: for individuals: +33 (0) 8 92 70 12 39, for groups: +33 (0) 8 92 70 00 16
Voir la carte
La tour Eiffel
5 avenue Anatole France - Champ de Mars
Subway - Bir-Hakeim
RER - Champ de Mars - Tour Eiffel
Bus - 42, 69, 72, 82
Offer adapted to disabled visitors
- Reduced rates for disabled visitors on presentation of proof
- Reduced rates for the accompanying person
- Physical disability: access to the 1st and 2nd floors by lift. For safety reasons, the top of the Eiffel Tower is not accessible to those in wheelchairs.
- Hearing disability: the tills are fitted with hearing loops.