Together with his theatre company Complicite, British actor and director Simon McBurney, who uses his voice to express his creative talent, is putting on a unique performance involving visual effects and sound. Spectators put on headphones and allow themselves to be caught up in the story of The Encounter: the tale of the photojournalist Loren McIntyre, who set off in 1969 on a journey to the Amazon in search of the Mayoruna tribe, known as the ‘cat people’. This true story, recounted by the Romanian writer Petru Popescu in his 1991 book Amazon Beaming, is brought to vivid life in Simon McBurney’s bold and inventive staging.
In English with French surtitles.
Prices and times
Prices and times
6 € - 40 €
Methods of payment
- Chèque Vacances
Odéon-Théâtre de l’Europe
Since 2003, the Odéon has a second venue in the 17th district of Paris at the Ateliers Berthier, which allows the theatre to host new forms and state-of-the-art performance designs.
Offer adapted to disabled visitors
- Adapted activities and visits
- Reduced rates for disabled visitors on presentation of proof
- Reduced rates for the accompanying person
- Priority admission
- Visual disability: headset with audio description for some performances. State whether you have a preference for an end-of-row seat if you have a guide dog with you, or for a first-row seat if you have a sight impairment. Also, performances with simultaneous audio description by a student actor by your side. All these services are free.
- Hearing disability: headphone amplifiers available. Surtitles on screens stage right and stage left, simultaneous translation in French Sign Language for some performances. All these services are free.
Contact: +33 (0) 1 44 85 40 40 - email@example.com - In collaboration with Accès Culture and the Centre Recherche Théâtre Handicap.