From 13 December 2017, to 26 March 2018, the Centre Pompidou Centre is presenting a major exhibition – a retrospective dedicated to the work of César Baldaccini. The French sculptor famous for his compression of industrial objects and his expansions is one of the most important French artists of New Realism. From his work addressing current themes like over-consumption, he questions through a satirical universe which denounces as much as it intrigues. The exhibition at the Pompidou Centre shows 100 works from around the world, many of which are today considered to be icons of modern sculpture. Undoubtedly one of the most important personalities of the last century, he is the author of the giant Thumb, located in the La Défense business district, a Centaur, in the 6th arrondissement and the bronze trophy for the ceremony of the 'Césars' French Cinema awards. Showing until 26 March 2017, the exhibition ‘César’ is a unique occasion to see the work of this master sculptor.
Guided tour in English: every Saturday at 5pm (from 16 December to 24 March / 1hr30 / €4.50)
Prices and times
Prices and times
From 11am to 9pm
€14. Reduced rate €11
Voir la carte
Place Georges Pompidou
Subway - Rambuteau
RER - Châtelet - Les Halles
Bus - 21, 29, 38, 47, 58, 69, 70, 72, 74, 75, 76, 81, 85, 96
Offer adapted to disabled visitors
- Loan of wheelchairs
- Free admission for disabled visitors on presentation of proof
- Free admission for the accompanying person
All of the information is also available in the information guide suitable for disabled people to download at www.handicap.centrepompidou.fr.
- Physically disabled: entry via the corner of rue Saint Merri and rue du Renard to avoid the access slope at the main entrance, all of the floors are accessible by elevator. Loan of wheelchairs available upon presentation of an identity card.
- Visually impaired: tactile images, touch tours, spoken tours.
- Hearing impaired: magnetic loop option at the ticket office, cinema, tours in sign language or lip reading, audio guides with magnetic loop option.
- Mentally disabled: Workshops for group visits supervised by staff trained in neuro-pedagogy.
Accessibility Centre : + 33 (0)1 44 78 49 54
Acessibility for the blind, visually, mentally or pyschologically impaired : + 33 (0)1 44 78 49 42 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Deaf or hearing-impaired : SMS + 33 (0)6 17 48 45 50 / email@example.com
'Tourisme & Handicap' marked establishment
- 'Tourisme & Handicap' mark
- For hearing disability
- For mental disability
- For physical disability