Fond of art, François 1st collected valuable works of art throughout his life. His taste for artists from the Netherlands and especially portrait painters have marked the history of French art. Well-known artists, such as Jean Clouet and Corneille in The Hague, are showcased at the Louvre Museum for this exhibition ‘François 1 and Dutch Art.’ It is also an opportunity to discover artists that have fallen into oblivion today, but which are no less talented and who are also partly responsible for the artistic vitality of the French Renaissance.
Prices and times
Methods of payment
- Chèque Vacances
Musée du Louvre
Voir la carte
Musée du Louvre
Pyramides du Louvre
Subway - Palais Royal - Musée du Louvre
Bus - 21, 24, 27, 39, 48, 68, 69, 72, 76, 81, 95
Offer adapted to disabled visitors
- Adapted activities and visits
- Loan of wheelchairs
- Free admission for disabled visitors on presentation of proof
- Free admission for the accompanying person
- Physically disabled: Adapted parking spaces in the 2 nearby car parks (accessible routes), map of accessible and adapted areas, video guide for inaccessible areas, wheelchairs and folding chairs available to loan.
- Sight impaired: Touch tours, descriptive tours, information in Braille, audio guides. The Touch Gallery is designed for the blind and sight impaired. It allows all visitors to share a touch perception experience. You will discover 18 moulds of Antiquity art work from the 19th century, giving you an idea of the different ways childhood was represented over the centuries.
- For the hearing impaired: Tours in French sign language, lip reading or cued speech.
- For the mentally disabled: Adapted tours and activities.
For more information about adapted activities in the Louvre as well as an accessibility guide, visit http://www.louvre.fr/accessibilite.
Contact for disabled visitors: Tel: +33 (0)1 40 20 59 90 - Fax: +33 (0)1 40 20 68 13 email@example.com
'Tourisme & Handicap' marked establishment
- 'Tourisme & Handicap' mark
- For hearing disability
- For mental disability
- For physical disability