From 4 October 2017 to 29 January 2018, the Centre Pompidou takes a fresh look at the work of the co-founder of fauvism and explores the intensity of the artist’s work. The exhibition retraces the major stages in Derain’s career in the radical pre-war decade 1904 – 1914, which elevated him to the rank of one of the greatest artists of the 20th century. Exceptional pieces by Derain, from many collections, have been brought together for the occasion, including works he produced in the summer of 1905 at Collioure, his series of views of London and his large-scale compositions of dancers and bathers.
- Guided tour in English: every Sunday, 5pm (from 8 October to 28 January / 1h30 / €4.50)
Prices and times
Prices and times
De 11h à 21h. Jeudi de 11h à 23h. Fermé le mardi
14€. Tarif réduit 11€
Voir la carte
Place Georges Pompidou
Subway - Rambuteau
RER - Châtelet - Les Halles
Bus - 21, 29, 38, 47, 58, 69, 70, 72, 74, 75, 76, 81, 85, 96
Offer adapted to disabled visitors
- Loan of wheelchairs
- Free admission for disabled visitors on presentation of proof
- Free admission for the accompanying person
All of the information is also available in the information guide suitable for disabled people to download at www.handicap.centrepompidou.fr.
- Physically disabled: entry via the corner of rue Saint Merri and rue du Renard to avoid the access slope at the main entrance, all of the floors are accessible by elevator. Loan of wheelchairs available upon presentation of an identity card.
- Visually impaired: tactile images, touch tours, spoken tours.
- Hearing impaired: magnetic loop option at the ticket office, cinema, tours in sign language or lip reading, audio guides with magnetic loop option.
- Mentally disabled: Workshops for group visits supervised by staff trained in neuro-pedagogy.
Accessibility Centre : + 33 (0)1 44 78 49 54
Acessibility for the blind, visually, mentally or pyschologically impaired : + 33 (0)1 44 78 49 42 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Deaf or hearing-impaired : SMS + 33 (0)6 17 48 45 50 / email@example.com
'Tourisme & Handicap' marked establishment
- 'Tourisme & Handicap' mark
- For hearing disability
- For mental disability
- For physical disability