As part of the world Olympic Day, the City of Paris, the Comité National Olympique Sportif Français (CNOSF) and Paris 2024 unite to transform the heart of Paris into a gigantic temporary Olympic Park, dedicated to the celebration of sport and Olympic values and ideals.
On 23 and 24 June, the public is invited to:
- try out for free more than thirty Olympic and Paralympic sports
- see high-level sporting demonstrations
- meet numerous French athletes
To enable everyone to get around on foot, by bike, skateboard or rollerblades, a large part of the centre of Paris will be pedestrianized for the occasion and areas for sports activities will be developed and made accessible to all: the Parc Rives de Seine, the Louvre, Place de la Concorde, Invalides, the Pavillon de l'Arsenal, the Petit Palais, the Grand Palais ...
Among the most spectacular facilities:
- A floating athletics track installed between the Pont Alexandre III and the Pont Invalides bridge.
- A diving board on Pont Alexandre III
- Fencing, wrestling, archery, gymnastics, pole vaulting
- Races and rowing demonstrations on the Seine.
Other major events not to be missed:
- Tony Estanguet takes part in kayaking, starting from the Stade de France, via the Canal Saint-Denis, the Canal Saint-Martin, the Port de l’Arsenal and finishing at Invalides.
- A final huge rally will be held on the Pont Alexandre III, on June 24th to confirm that Paris loves Olympic values and sport.
Voir la carte