Take high summer spirits into autumn with the annual jazz festival 'Jazz à La Villette' and its sharp and eclectic programme based around improvised music.
The festival has an ear turned to the future highlighting the most inventive artists of the moment in all styles of jazz, whilst not forgetting the past. It celebrates the greats of jazz history, often paying tribute to a particularly important year or to an inspiring musician, bringing together jazz history and modern jazz today.
Several concert halls in Paris (Philharmonie de Paris, Atelier du Plateau, Studio de l'Ermitage ...) welcome more than 30,000 jazz enthusiasts for concerts featuring star performers and up-and-coming talents who continue each year to open jazz up to new perspectives. As well as concerts, the festival offers other events such as film screenings, exhibitions and master classes.
Prices and times
Methods of payment
Grande Halle de La Villette
Offer adapted to disabled visitors
- Adapted activities and visits
- Loan of wheelchairs
- Reduced rates for disabled visitors on presentation of proof
- Reduced rates for the accompanying person
- Visually impaired: 3D tactile model at reception, Braille and large print documents, outdoor cinema with audio described and subtitled films.
- Hearing impaired: a member of staff at reception is trained in French Sign Language, there is also an induction hearing loop at reception.
You can find out more on http://www.villette.com/fr/villette-pratique/accessibilite-du-parc/.
Contact: + 33 (0)1 40 03 75 75 between 9.30am and 6.30pm.