- XIXè siècle
- Animaux naturalisés
- Sciences naturelles
Epoque des collections
- Néoclassicisme (XVIIIe - XIXe)
- Romantisme (XVIIIe - XIXe)
- Réalisme (XIXe)
- Impressionnisme (XIXe)
- Symbolisme (XIXe)
Woven throughout this haven of greenery are cultural sites dedicated to nature and to showcasing the fr’s exceptional heritage collections. Historic museums and sites explore issues of biodiversity and geodiversity: the Grande Galerie de l'Évolution, the Galerie de Paléontologie et d'Anatomie Comparée, the Galerie de Minéralogie et de Géologie, and more.
Services and facilities of the establishment
- Educational activities
- Gift shop
- Coach park
- Visitor tools
Documentation in a foreign language
Prices and times
Entrance fees and modalities
Grande Galerie de l’Évolution + temporary exhibition: €12 / reduced price €9
Full price Grande Galerie de l’Évolution + Galerie des Enfants: €12 / reduced price €9
Group tourReduced rate from 20 people
Free for young people and childrenFree for under 26s from countries within the European Union
Methods of payment
- Chèque Vacances
Other methods of payment: Chèques, espèces
- Easter Monday
- Ascension Day
- 8 May
- Whit Monday
- 14 July
- 15 August
- 1 November
- 11 November
Voir la carte
Grande Galerie de l'Évolution - Muséum national d'histoire naturelle
36 rue Geoffroy Saint-Hilaire
Subway - Jussieu
RER - Gare d'Austerlitz
SNCF - Gare d'Austerlitz
Bus - 24, 57, 61, 63, 67, 89, 91
No parking here because of the renovation work underway at the Gare d'Austerlitz.
Offer adapted to disabled visitors
- Adapted activities and visits
- Loan of wheelchairs
- Free admission for disabled visitors on presentation of proof
- Free admission for the accompanying person
- Priority admission
- Physical disability: the Grande Galerie de l'Evolution and the Galerie des Enfants are wheelchair accessible with disabled toilets. The height of our furniture and layout has been specially thought through. Floor-level entrance or ramp, lowered and adapted reception desk, adapted toilets with grab rail and adapted sink.
- Visual impairment: in the Grande Galerie de l'Evolution, tactile plans are available to discover about 15 bronze animal sculptures (freely accessible).
A corian sign with bas-relief drawings and explanations in Braille accompany each sculpture. Each floor has maps and descriptive signs in contrasting colours, with large writing and relief text. Glass walls and doors marked with contrasting elements, stairs with visual and tactile contrast before first step down and with continuous hand rail and marked edges of steps, lift with adapted keypad (buttons in relief and/or Braille) and speaker to announce floor numbers.
- Audio impairment: guided tours and workshops in French Sign Language, lead by deaf tour guides. All the multimedia displays and videos with spoken audio are sub-titled in French and English and translated into French Sign Language. Fire alarm accompanied by flashing lights in areas where a deaf or hard of hearing person may be alone, such as in toilets.
- Mental disability: multi-sensory elements that are fun and interactive, simplified guides and tours. Trained/educated staff, easy to understand signs, entrance monitored with CCTV and visible from reception/
For more information:
Click the following link, then go to "Accessibility" and select your disability.