This zoo, created in 1794 at the heart of the capital in a former royal garden, is one of the oldest zoos in the world when it comes to its architectural heritage. When it was created, it housed the animals from the Ménagerie Royale de Versailles and the animals seized from fairgrounds. Over time, the zoo has evolved; bears, big cats, reptiles and many other animals have come to extend this big family.
With only 5.5 hectares of land to offer to various species, the Ménagerie takes care of small animals and continues to be a place of study and preservation. Visit the monkey and ape enclosure, the big cat enclosure and the vivariums, and take the time to admire some of the animals which are in danger of extinction or which no longer exist in the wild.
- XIXè siècle
- Sciences naturelles
Woven throughout this haven of greenery are cultural sites dedicated to nature and to showcasing the fr’s exceptional heritage collections. Historic museums and sites explore issues of biodiversity and geodiversity:
The Gallery of Evolution, the Gallery of Palaeontology and Comparative Anatomy and the Gallery of Mineralogy and Geology.
Services and facilities of the establishment
- Educational activities
- Gift shop
- Coach park
- Visitor tools
Documentation in a foreign language
Prices and times
Entrance fees and modalities
Group tourReduced rate from 20 people
Free for young people and childrenFree for under 3s from countries within the European Union
Methods of payment
- Chèque Vacances
Other methods of payment: Chèques, espèces
- 1 January
- Easter Monday
- Ascension Day
- 1 May
- 8 May
- Whit Monday
- 14 July
- 15 August
- 1 November
- 11 November
- 25 December
Voir la carte
La Ménagerie, le zoo du Jardin des plantes - Muséum national d'histoire naturelle
Subway - Gare d'Austerlitz
RER - Gare d'Austerlitz
SNCF - Gare d'Austerlitz
Bus - 24, 57, 61, 63, 67, 89, 91
Offer adapted to disabled visitors
- Adapted activities and visits
- Loan of wheelchairs
- Free admission for disabled visitors on presentation of proof
- Free admission for the accompanying person
- Priority admission
- Motor disability: entrance on the same level or with sloping plane, reception/cash desk with a low and hollowed-out reception bank in the lower part, adapted sanitary facilities equipped with a transfer bar and a washbasin with a hollowed-out lower part (outside the Menagerie, next to the entrance).
- Visual disability: no obstacles to the face when circulating, "animal" information panels in large print, displayed at a reasonable height.
- Hearing disability: guided tours and workshops in French Sign Language, led by deaf speakers. All multimedia devices and videos including spoken audio language are subtitled in French and English text and translated into French Sign Language. Luminous flashes coupled with an audible fire alarm (where a deaf person may be alone as a toilet facility).
- Mental disability: trained/aware staff, signage that is easy to understand, supervised entrance door, visible from the reception/cash desk.