Amble at leisure over 2.5 hectares of French Gardens, follow a guide through the world’s mountainous regions, take a botany workshop, discover remarkable historic trees such as our 315-year-old pistachio tree, and generally enjoy an aesthetic, sensory-rich experience.
In this green setting, cultural sites dedicated to nature and showcasing the Museum's exceptional heritage collections can be discovered at the bend of the paths:
Historical galleries (museums) that present the issues of biodiversity and geodiversity (the Grande Galerie de l'Évolution, the Galerie de Paléontologie et d'Anatomie comparée and the Galerie de Minéralogie et de Géologie);
the Ménagerie, the Jardin des Plantes zoo;
the Grandes Serres, which host the tropics in Paris.
- Neo classique
- XIXè siècle
- Animaux naturalisés
- Plantes tropicales
- Sciences naturelles
Services and facilities of the establishment
- Educational activities
- Gift shop
- Coach park
- Visitor tools
Documentation in a foreign language
Prices and times
Entrance fees and modalities
- 1 January
- Easter Monday
- Ascension Day
- 1 May
- 8 May
- Whit Monday
- 14 July
- 15 August
- 1 November
- 11 November
- 25 December
Voir la carte
Le Jardin des Plantes - Muséum national d'histoire naturelle
Subway - Gare d'Austerlitz
RER - Gare d'Austerlitz
SNCF - Gare d'Austerlitz
Bus - 24, 57, 61, 63, 67, 89, 91
No parking here due to renovation work underway at the Gare d'Austerlitz.
Offer adapted to disabled visitors
- Adapted activities and visits
- Loan of wheelchairs
- All disabilities: permanent exhibitions (except for tactile visits), guided tours and workshops with speakers are free. Guided tours and workshops are specially designed using pedagogical materials to suit different audiences. Audio guides and adapted routes can be downloaded at http://www.museesenliberte.fr/index.php
- Visual impairment: in the Grande Galerie de l'Evolution, a tactile tour enables the visitor to discover some 15 animal sculptures in bronze. Descriptions are in contrasting colours, large characters and relief are used.
- Hearing impairment: guided tours and workshops in French Sign Language, lead by deaf guides. All multimedia and video material, including in the language spoken, are subtitled in French and English and translated into French Sign Language.
- Mental disability: numerous mutli-sensory, enternaining and interactive elements, simple routes.
Find out more at:
http://www.mnhn.fr/le-museum/ (click on the top right)
Wheelchair loan on +33 (0)1 40 79 54 79 (for the Grande Galerie de l'Evolution, the Galerie des Enfants and the Jardin des Plantes).