The museum, along with other things, holds personal memories of the writer and his family, numerous original editions, manuscripts and illustrations. You can also see paintings, engravings and documents about his loved ones.
The museum also organises exhibitions and events about the author.
Reference library, concerts, readings (for adults).
- Arts décoratifs
Epoque des collections
- Rococo (XVIIIe)
- Néoclassicisme (XVIIIe - XIXe)
- Romantisme (XVIIIe - XIXe)
Services and facilities of the establishment
- Educational activities
Documentation in a foreign language
Educational activities1hr30 story workshop for over 6s inspired by the life and work of Balzac, 1hr30 themed activities for 6-11s, 1hr30 family and school group tours with commentary, 1hr30 themed walks in Paris, 1hr30 workshops-lectures for children and school groups in the 3rd arrondissement. Booking required: call +33 (0) 1 55 74 41 80 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
RestaurantRose Bakery tea room open during the hours of the house of Balzac.
Prices and times
Entrance fees and modalities
Group tourBookings by phone on +33 (0) 1 55 74 41 80 from Monday to Friday 10am-1pm, or by email at email@example.com.
Free for young people and childrenUnder 18 years.
Voir la carte
Maison de Balzac
47 rue Raynouard
Tel.. +33 (0) 1 55 74 41 80
Subway - Passy
RER - Boulainvilliers
Bus - 22, 32, 52, 70, 72
Offer adapted to disabled visitors
- visitors can book/get in touch by text or email
- audioguides equipped with induction loop
- independent visits possible
- outdoor lighting in common areas can be managed
- tactile visits
- on the website: consult the whole text of 'La Comédie Humaine', text size can be enlarged in certain browsers
- with specific equipment, the text can be accessed using text-to-speech or braille transcription.
- 'image prompter' tool offered by the association Regard'en France Cie by the Centre Recherche Théâtre Handicap (bookings - www.crth.org)
- tactile visits require group reservations