Its original and imposing architecture was designed by Jean Nouvel. A lush wild garden makes it a pleasant and unusual place. Extend your visit with a meal at the Les Ombres restaurant with its panoramic view, or with a snack at Café Jacques. More than a museum, this is a lively hub, and is one of Paris's four largest museums.
- Objets de la vie quotidienne
- Objets du culte
- Religions d'Extrême-Orient
- Spectacle vivant
Epoque des collections
- Rome antique (VIIe av JC au Ve ap JC)
- Paléochrétien (Ier - IVe)
- Byzance (IVe - XVe)
- Moyen Age (Ve - XVe)
- Roman (Xe - XIIe)
- Baroque (XVIe - XVIIe)
- Rococo (XVIIIe)
- Néoclassicisme (XVIIIe - XIXe)
- Romantisme (XVIIIe - XIXe)
- Réalisme (XIXe)
- Impressionnisme (XIXe)
- Symbolisme (XIXe)
- Fauvisme (XXe)
- Cubisme (XXe)
- Modernisme (XXe)
- Expressionisme (XXe)
- Futurisme (XXe)
- Dadaisme (XXe)
- Surréalisme (XXe)
- L'abstraction (XXe)
- Mouvement (XXe)
Services and facilities of the establishment
- Educational activities
- Gift shop
- Member of the Paris Museum Pass
- Car park/Parking
- Coach park
- Visitor tools
Documentation in a foreign language
Visitor tools€5 per person. Free for disabled people and an accompanying person. €3 for mp3 download. Audio guide or videoguide in sign language: €5 (concessions €3)
Educational activitiesWorkshops for children (up to 18yrs) and adults. Family workshops from 3yrs; storytelling tours, family guided tours; booklets with games to download; birthday workshops. Various activities are organized.
RestaurantThe Café Jacques is situated in the garden. Tel.: +33 (0)1 47 53 68 01 Les Ombres is a gourmet restaurant with terrace and view of the Eiffel Tower. Tel.: +33 (0)1 47 53 68 00 or visit the website www.lesombres-restaurant.com
Coach park25 Quai Branly.
Prices and times
Entrance fees and modalities
Temporary exhibitions: €10/€7 (concessions)
Combined ticket (Permanent collections + temporary exhibitions): €12/€9 (concessions)
Group tourUp to 25 people. Booking is necessary.
Free for under 26s from countries within the European Union as well as primary and secondary school teachers (except temporary exhibitions).
Free for the disabled and an accompanying person, as well as job seekers, journalists and those receiving French state benefits.
See complete list on the museum’s website.
Free for young people and childrenTemporary exhibitions are free for under 18s.
Methods of payment
- JCB card
- 1 January
- Easter Monday
- Ascension Day
- 8 May
- 14 July
- 15 August
- 1 November
- 11 November
Voir la carte
Musée du quai Branly - Jacques Chirac
37 quai Branly
Subway - Alma - Marceau
RER - Pont de l'Alma
Bus - 42, 63, 72, 80, 92
Batobus, Tour Eiffel (Eiffel Tower) stop. Velib,' Quai Branly station 7023 and 3 Avenue Bosquet station 7022.
Offer adapted to disabled visitors
- Adapted activities and visits
- Loan of wheelchairs
- Free admission for disabled visitors on presentation of proof
- Free admission for the accompanying person
- Visual impairment: tactile and sound model of the museum at reception and tactile maps during the visit. Commentated or tactile tours through the Plateau des collections or in the exhibitions are available (tactile and sound packages with audio guide). Magnifying glasses, binoculars and torches available at the cloakroom. Jacques Kerchache reading room and the museum's media library can provide adapted information. Accompanying person to describe visual elements necessary to the comprehension of the disabled visitor.
- Hearing impairment: guided tours in French sign language. Video guide available in French Sign Language at reception, as well as individual hearing loops for reading room, cinema auditorium, theatre Claude Lévi-Strauss.
- Mental disability: simple presentation of the museum and its activities on the website. Commentated visits and workshops.
+ 33 (0)1 56 61 70 00 / email@example.com
+ 33 (0)1 56 61 71 72 / firstname.lastname@example.org
This place was tested and approved in 2015 by "Paris by wheelchair" : https://www.facebook.com/parisenfauteuilroulant/
More details on accessibility
'Tourisme & Handicap' marked establishment
- 'Tourisme & Handicap' mark
- For hearing disability
- For mental disability
- For physical disability