Many non-French speakers would like to attend a theatre performance in Paris … but the language barrier can cause quite a problem.
Two options are available for them: surtitling in English and performance in English. Packages adapted to foreign audiences – tourists, foreign residents, students … – staying in Paris, who are finally going to have the opportunity to fully enjoy a performance in a Parisian theatre!
Performances surtitled in English
This initiative provides quality English translations done by theatre translation specialists. International audiences therefore lose none of the quality compared with the public who follow the play in French.
And to ensure ease of reading of subtitles (displayed in real time above the stage), Theatre in Paris books the most appropriate seats for its customers.
The English-speaking Theatre in Paris team personally welcomes their guests, giving them a programme in English before seating them and presenting the show.
The shows offered by Theatre in Paris
- Le Cid, from 14 September to 15 January 2017, Théâtre du Ranelagh
- Cyrano de Bergerac, from 20 October 2016 to 17 April 2017, Théâtre du Ranelagh
- Anything you want (Tout ce que vous voulez), from 9 Septembre 2016, Théâtre Edouard VII
- I love Piaf, from 10 September 2016, Théâtre Edgar
- Oliver Twist - The Musical, from 23 September 2016, Salle Gaveau.
- Summer 44 (Un Eté 44), from 4 November 2016, Le Comedia
Theatre in Paris
Tel.: +33 1 85 08 66 89
More info Theatre in Paris
Shows in English
This one-man comedy show in English by and starring Olivier Giraud, is a great survival guide to Paris and Parisians.
From 24 September 2016, Théâtre des Nouveautés