The museum itself devotes more than 39,000 m² to the permanent exhibition of works representative of African, American, Asian and Oceanic arts and cultures. A themed section of over 750 m² focuses on universal existential questions (man's relationship with the invisible, powerful figures, the life cycle, wealth, exchanges and currencies, man's relationship with the natural environment, etc.).
Exhibitions on the 600 m² mezzanine present in turn different observations on one or more aspects of this heritage which have been too long little-known to the general public.
- Objets de la vie quotidienne
- Objets du culte
- Religions d'Extrême-Orient
- Spectacle vivant
Epoque des collections
- Rome antique (VIIe av JC au Ve ap JC)
- Paléochrétien (Ier - IVe)
- Byzance (IVe - XVe)
- Moyen Age (Ve - XVe)
- Roman (Xe - XIIe)
- Baroque (XVIe - XVIIe)
- Rococo (XVIIIe)
- Néoclassicisme (XVIIIe - XIXe)
- Romantisme (XVIIIe - XIXe)
- Réalisme (XIXe)
- Impressionnisme (XIXe)
- Symbolisme (XIXe)
- Fauvisme (XXe)
- Cubisme (XXe)
- Modernisme (XXe)
- Expressionisme (XXe)
- Futurisme (XXe)
- Dadaisme (XXe)
- Surréalisme (XXe)
- L'abstraction (XXe)
- Mouvement (XXe)
Services and facilities of the establishment
- Educational activities
- Gift shop
- Member of the Paris Museum Pass
- Car park/Parking
- Coach park
- Visitor tools
Documentation in a foreign language
Visitor tools€5 per person. €2 for each additional person. Free for disabled people and an accompanying person. €3 for mp3 download. €2.99 for iPhone and android application when available.
Educational activitiesWorkshops for children (up to 18yrs) and adults. Family workshops from 3yrs; storytelling tours, family guided tours; booklets with games to download; birthday workshops. Various activities are organized.
RestaurantThe Café Branly is situated in the garden. Tel.: +33 (0)1 47 53 68 01 Gourmet restaurant with terrace and view of the Eiffel Tower. Tel.: +33 (0)1 47 53 68 00 or visit the website www.lesombres-restaurant.com
Prices and times
Entrance fees and modalities
Temporary exhibitions: €10/€7 (concessions)
Combined ticket (Permanent collections + temporary exhibitions): €12/€9 (concessions)
Audio guide or video guide in sign language: €5/€3 (concessions)
Group tourUp to 25 people. Booking is necessary.
Free for under 26s from countries within the European Union as well as primary and secondary school teachers (except temporary exhibitions).
Free for the disabled and an accompanying person, as well as job seekers, journalists and those receiving French state benefits.
See complete list on the museum’s website.
Free for young people and childrenTemporary exhibitions are free for under 18s.
Methods of payment
- 1 January
- Easter Monday
- Ascension Day
- 8 May
- Whit Monday
- 14 July
- 15 August
- 1 November
- 11 November
Voir la carte
Musée du quai Branly - Jacques Chirac
37 quai Branly
Subway - Alma - Marceau, Bir-Hakeim, Iéna
RER - Pont de l'Alma
Bus - 42, 63, 72, 80, 92
Batobus - Stop: Tour Eiffel (Eiffel Tower)
Offer adapted to disabled visitors
- Adapted activities and visits
- Loan of wheelchairs
- Visual disability: tactile and sound model of the museum at reception and tactile maps during the visit. Commentated or tactile tours through the Plateau des collections or in the exhibitions are available (tactile and sound packages with audio guide). Magnifying glasses, binoculars and torches available at the cloakroom. Jacques Kerchache reading room and the museum's media library can provide adapted information. Accompanying person to describe visual elements necessary to the comprehension of the disabled visitor.
- Hearing impairment: guided tours in French sign language. Video guide available in French Sign Language at reception, as well as individual hearing loops for reading room, cinema auditorium, theatre Claude Lévi-Strauss.
- Mental disability: simple presentation of the museum and its activities on the website. Commentated visits and workshops.
For more information:
+ 33 (0)1 56 61 70 email@example.com
+ 33 (0)1 56 61 71 firstname.lastname@example.org
'Tourisme & Handicap' marked establishment
- 'Tourisme & Handicap' mark
- For hearing disability
- For mental disability
- For physical disability