Taxis and vehicle hire with driver
17,000 taxis operate in Paris, day and night. The owner or operator of the taxi holds a licence permitting parking on the public highway while waiting for customers, in order to carry out, at their request and in exchange for payment, the private transport of people and their belongings.
There's a unique phone number for all the taxi firms : 01 45 30 30 30
Taxis : guidelines
How do you define a taxi?
It is a specially-equipped vehicle for up to 9 people, including the driver, for which the owner or operator holds a licence permitting parking on the public highway while waiting for customers, in order to carry out, at their request and in exchange for payment, the private transport of people and their belongings.
The special equipment comprises :
- the illuminated “Taxi Parisien” sign on the roof of the taxi
- a display meter showing the cost of the journey
- a display at the rear of the vehicle and visible from the exterior which enables the monitoring of the daily duration of use of the vehicle
a plate fixed to the front right-hand wing of the vehicle bearing the licence number
Attention! Anyone claiming to be a taxi driver who does not have a specially-equipped vehicle is illegal.
You can take a taxi :
- by hailing one in the street (it is free if the sign on the roof is lit up and green)
- at a taxi rank
- by calling one of the main taxi firms (click here to see the list of main taxi firms)
- the unique number for all the firms: 01 45 30 30 30
Prices as at 18 June 2012.
Tarif A : 0,92 €/km
Applicable within the city limits from 10am to 5pm. The city limits covers Paris as far as the boulevard périphérique (ring road) inclusive.
Tarif B : 1,17 €/km
Applicable within the city limits from 5pm to 10am and on Sundays and public holidays from 7am to midnight. Applicable in the suburban zone from 7am to 7pm, the suburban zone including all Paris territory situated outside the ring road, the other towns and areas mentioned by the ministerial order dated 10 November 1972 and services to and from Orly and Roissy airports and the Villepinte exhibition centre.
Tarif C : 1,42 €/km
Applicable within the city limits from midnight to 7am on Sundays. Applicable in the suburban zone from 7pm to 7am and on Sundays and public holidays (day and night). Applicable beyond the suburban zone at all times.
When the taxi waits for you or runs slowly, the hour tariff applies : - Tariff A : 29,95 € - Tariff B : 33,80 € - Tariff C : 30,90 €
The standing pick-up charge is 2,30 €.
Minimum journey charge, including supplements, is fixed at 6,20 €.
Additional charges :
- for each adult passenger from the 4th onwards: 3 €
- for luggage, only applies from the second piece of luggage (€1) placed in the boot of the vehicle
- for collection at stations and for the transport of animals are no longer applicable
- no supplement can be requested from persons with disabilities for a wheelchair and/or the animals accompanying them.
For more details about taxi fares: Préfecture de Police de Paris
Main taxi firms
TAXIS G7 is the Europe's leading radio taxi hub and has a fleet of 6,500 affiliated taxis.
There's different types of vehicle to hire in Paris : luxury chauffeur-driven cars, coaches, shuttles, minibus, minivans...
All addresses to hire a luxury chauffeur-driven car, a coach, a shuttle, a minibus or a minivan with driver :
209 rue du Ménil, 92600 Asnières-sur-Seine
91 avenue Jules Quentin, 92000 Nanterre - La Défense
34 rue de l'Exposition, 75007 Paris
9 allée des Eiders, 75019 Paris
46 rue de Provence, 75009 Paris
8 boulevard de la Paix, 92400 Courbevoie
55 bis rue Custine, 75018 Paris
27 rue Ernest Savart, 93100 Montreuil
5 rue Alphonse Baudin, 75011 Paris