Military Parade on the Avenue des Champs-Elysées
The July 14th military parade will be the highpoint of the national holiday ceremonies. The parade will highlight the regiments of the French military, which will parade in the morning.
The day's programme (subject to change)
- The troops, both on foot and on motorcycles, will have taken their places at the Place de l’Etoile / Avenue des Champs-Elysées.
- Inspection of the troops by the general officers commanding the parade on foot and the motorcade.
- Honorary detachments of the Republican Guard take their places at Place de l'Etoile and Place de la Concorde.
- Arrival of the President of the French Republic at Avenue de Friedland. Welcome by Chief of Defence Staff and the Military Governor of Paris. Review of troops.
- Tribute paid to the President of the French Republic by the 1st infantry regiment of the Republican Guard at Place de la Concorde.
- Opening event.Opening fly-past
- Parade of troops on footParade of mounted troops.
- Parade of motorized troops.
- Departure of the President of the French Republic.