Traditional and popular Christmas markets are a major shopping event and are held from November onwards.
Originating in Germany and the Alsace, Christmas markets have spread throughout Europe since the 1990s. Little by little, they have become an essential festive event during the Christmas season in Paris. They are held all over the capital: in Montparnasse, on the Avenue des Champs-Elysées and in La Défense …, and are a great success with passers-by.
These markets made up of wooden chalets create a warm and magical Christmassy atmosphere and are the perfect place to pick up Christmas decorations, festive objects, regional produce and arts & crafts … You will certainly find decorations for your Christmas tree, some original ideas for Christmas presents and ingredients to make your Christmas meals even more delicious.
During the month of December, department stores extend their opening hours and open their doors on Sunday. These extended opening times are the perfect opportunity for doing your Christmas shopping and enjoying a family stroll past the delightful animated store window scenes!
- The Printemps Haussman is open every Sunday from 11am to 7pm, from 22 November to 27 December 2015 inclusive.
- Galeries Lafayette and the BHV Marais are open every Sunday from 10am to 7.30pm, from 22 November to 27 December 2015.
- The Bon Marché is open every Sunday from 10am to 7pm, from 22 November to 27 December 2015.
- The Beaugrenelle Centre is now open every Sunday from 10am to 8pm, since 18 October 2015.
- The Forum des Halles is open every Sunday from 10am to 7pm, from 15 November to 27 December 2015 inclusive.
- Bercy Village is open every Sunday from 11am to 9pm, from 29 November to 20 December 2015 inclusive.
- La Vallée Village is open every Sunday from 10am to 7pm.